Discussion Thread for "Changelog"

All general discussions for Mars Tomorrow
Menemeth
Space Traveler

Re: Discussion Thread for "Changelog"

Postby Menemeth » 09 Jan 2019, 03:43

Just tried a 3 colony race. With unregulated turbo i would have been able to win 1 maybe 2 and at least finish the 3rd. Considering the level of my transports and player plugins(doves over 50% researched, 2 pair of level 4 VR Nav goggles and pinetree at level 4). I finished in 2nd on 2 and didnt complete the 3rd. Please reconsider the "turbo" change. Put it back like it was.
Thanks
Trux
Terrestrial

Postby Trux » 09 Jan 2019, 04:52

Last race we had Guild members that couldn't even finish the 30 minute race, where they could before change. Lower level players are suffering more because of this so how is this good for the game?
Where they were making some progress before they are now getting frustrated and saying they are considering quitting, how is that good for the game? At a time when your looking to get more people involved in the game, your publishers are demanding changes that are driving new people and veterans right out of the game.
As far as I'm concerned it is my last round if this is going to be permanent
starquake
Supporter

Postby starquake » 09 Jan 2019, 06:52

Patch changes, some good things, others that need to be tweaked with another patch.

Turbo Timer:

I don't know the intent of the turbo timer, if we knew the intent we could provide better feedback.

My best guess for the turbo timer is so that if you forget to turn turbo off when you go to sleep then you don't wake up with your transporters at 0% speed. It is frustrating to wake up in the morning and see your transporters are at 0% speed if you forgot them in turbo, the timer would benefit here. It is also frustrating to watch your guild mates forget they are in turbo and log off, you don't want to repair them because they will just decline in speed again over time, this means that your colony is not leveling as fast. If this is the intent then I suggest an inactivity timer should start when there is no activity.

The inactivity timer could start and count to 2 hours (for example), once the 2 hour mark hits then transporters less than X% overall reliability will go out of turbo.

If people with VR's want to run through the night with their increased reliability they may make it until morning above X%.

I don't know the purpose of the cool down timer on turbo.

Races:
Races last 45 minutes, if the turbo timer has to stay then 45 minutes to do the races would be the minimum. Even you need some time to turbo to the colonies you intend to race in so it should be longer than 45 minutes. It's going to be tough to practice turbo cool down management and remember to be off turbo for 15 minutes prior to a race.

Information for some: There are test servers that have been running for a long time, there is not really enough players there for meaningful feedback.

I am happy some changes are being attempted to make the game better, there has been a lot of feedback on this patch which shows many players are interested and involved in the game.
xBSCx
Mars Arrival

Postby xBSCx » 09 Jan 2019, 08:30

Radical wrote:Ihr findet die Transporter also ohne Turbo generell zu langsam, um damit mehrer Kolonien bespielen zu können?

Nein, genau darum geht es nicht. Der Turbomodus war immer ein Element, mit dem man sich als AKTIVER Spieler gegenüber den "ich guck einmal am Tag rein" Spielern abheben konnte. Das hat natürlich wesentlich mehr Geld für Rep. gekostet, aber das ist auch völlig ok. Jetzt ist der Modus einfach nur noch unnötig. Ich ahne aber leider, das der nächste Schritt sein wird, sich Dauer-Turbo über Trit. wieder kaufen zu können. Das ist aber zu 100% der falsche Weg.
Ihr beschreitet aktuell den gleichen Weg, den RN schon vor Jahren gegangen ist. Die Dauerspieler, die regelmäßig, aber nicht massig Echtgeld investieren, werden vergrault und durch Werbung wird versucht, "schnelles" Geld mit profilierungssüchtigen Cashern zu machen. Dummerweise geben die aber bestenfalls eine Runde lang Geld aus, dann sind sie oft wieder weg und suchen sich das nächste Game.

Ein weiteres Beispiel, was in diese Richtung zielt, ist das "Wegnehmen" der Kisten als Erfolge bzw. Kisten/Trit. bei AS. Im Gegensatz zu RN habe ich hier eh nicht eine Runde geschafft, meinen SA komplett aus gewonnenem Trit zu bestreiten. Es war bestenfalls Zubrot für 1 oder 2x SA kaufen, der Rest war Echtgeld. Jetzt wird es noch weiter beschnitten und das ist einfach schwer zu akzeptieren.
AmyL
Fugitive

Postby AmyL » 09 Jan 2019, 08:38

:D Safe limit at low levels has been increased Hooray thank you this was a needed change
:cry: :cry: Terrapoint Achievement now has energy as reward - seriously an extremely anti-player reward. Last round I was bonusing everyone I raced with along with everyone in my guild, leveled my artifacts and still ended the round with 1000 energy. Players need NO additional sources of energy as we are flooding in it already if we are active.

:evil: Collector Achievement now has money as reward - Money is nice - but the description even still taunts that you may have had a remote shot at a prototype instead. Free boxes are rarer than mars doallars and much preferred by this player.

:) Transporter will not fall immediately to 99% after a repair - Thank you
:) - The client now logs out after 6 hours of inactivity - Probably necessary on your end and fully understood.
:) - Recent achievements now show the right level - Bug fixes always are good
:) - Costs for the upcoming phase packages are now always visible - Budgeting bonus for new players

:evil: :oops: :arrow: - Turbo overheats the transporters now and will automatically switched off. The transporters must cool down for a while in order to activate the turbo again
Okay when I first heard about it I was like great if the servers go down or I crash I no longer have to beg a friend to put all their mars dollars into repairing me. Now that I have seen the time was far too short and the implementation of it in this manner will lead to DECREASED competition in MARS. Here is how:
Races are 45 minutes - there are 8 colonies. With turbo I could reliably complete 6 races and on rare occasions 8. Even being a race addict I still was last minute finishing the Winner achievement and ended up somewhere in the final levels of the Delivery Race achievement. now I have a guaranteed 15 minutes I am racing with my tranporters wheels locked and won't be able to finish near the number of races priorly. What's more is I will no longer have the incentive to drag my transports to Baiknor to race because when I am done racing it will take too long to return them to Aldrin.
You see where I am saying it will decrease competition - players won't be able to race effectively- and if they do multi colony race they will only be in their colony to help its growth and the competition between the colonies for 1.75 hours. They will be spending 45 minutes racing - 10 minutes getting to the colonies they want ahead of race time (Timed turbo in phase 1 on an specialized transport at approximately 10 minutes to move 1 colony so that figure is accurate) and due to cool downs likely twice that returning when the 45 minutes is over.
I know colony growth can trump personal race gains - therefore I may have to choose - race or colony - I don't think the choice or racing or growing a colony was intended.... but it is looking to be a VERY real consequence.

:?: In the case of tenders, only the winner wins the main prize (container / tritium). Those placed behind receive MD, RP or energy - Ok again. Lost and Found boxes are a rare commodity. Priorly I would race other colonies first to ensure guildmates could get their Winner achievement. This once again has me cutting my colony member throat so I can be a greedy self centered but happily prototype toting player.
:) For the immediate completion of building construction (cost 15 tritium) during the tutorial you will now receive 20 Tritium Reward - Counting as a bugfix
;) Tritium costs for shortening construction times are now uniform per level - Bugfix
:roll: Missing MarsDollarkapital can be compensated by the use of Tritium - ploy to line your pockets - but hey you deserve some cash.
:P Snowflakes are no longer square - bugfix
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: A transporter who delivers gets no penalty by low stock levels
Ok so this one needs explained.
Robber comes to a stocked outpost - Does he still benefit that it was stocked? If he gets the decreased load time bonus due to it being stocked - then once again the outpost robbers lack the incentive to stock - Robber just needs to change colonies or continue to be the scourge of his own colony and hope his guild doesn't kick him if he actually was dropped in one that had an outpost stocking philosophy.
****Just wondering as I know a certain player that robbed electrolysis A in Aldrin. Name begins with Radi and ends in cal.
Teasing aside - if they get the benefit of the outpost being stocked - this change is useless in colonies where people understand how to play the game and will only help colonies where no one knows how to play the game.
:?: Effect of stock levels has been reduced - Double edged sword. As a racer I need to see how this plays out.
:) Claim bonus has been increased - Bugfix

Overall opinion of this patch - NEGATIVE. The turbo change is just too extreme.

If it was a save our skins and turned off after an hour would be fine
If it didn't have such a steep and negative impact on racing would be fine
If the intent was to decrease cross colony competition and all the related achievements were steeply adjusted to make them in the realm of being completable- I would grouse and whine but live with it.
If it was clicking a button every 15 minutes to keep it on - I can live with that - my cryptominer has to be collected every 5 minutes
IfI got to choose the 12 hours I couldn't use it that would be fine - considering I sleep and work this cooldown is more like a 16 out of 24 hour cooldown.
If all the colony levels were scaled back a bit so the colony wouldn't need players to turbo to meet max level at phase end - I could live with it better.

Turbo already was a HUGE money sink. I am thankful that it now auto goes off - but I seriously can't fathom a current mechanic in the game or goal of the game that is benefitted by turbo having an immediate and equivalient cooldown to a short burst use.
xBSCx
Mars Arrival

Postby xBSCx » 09 Jan 2019, 08:52

- Ein Transporter der anliefert bekommt keinen Malus mehr durch niedrige Lagerstände

Ich meine hier die "Antwort" selbst gefunden zu haben. Wenn man anliefert, wird der Malus für Resourcenverfügbarkeit nicht mitberechnet. Kann man selbst prüfen, indem man einen Trapo in Kette fahren lässt, sich am Ziel-AP die Beladezeit im Fahrplan ansieht und dann die Zulieferung mal rausnimmt. Finde ich eine gute Änderung, da somit die Spieler mit Zulieferung nicht mehr benachteiligt werden.

Mir missfällt aber immer noch extrem, dass es insgesamt über 2Mio TP dafür gibt, AP auszubauen. Dagegen wäre auch nichts einzuwenden, wenn nicht viel zu viele Spieler einfach nur mit ihren Baudrohnen im 5 Minuten-Takt von AP zu AP hoppen würden und darauf hoffen, dass irgendein anderer den AP schon fertig stellt.
Bagheera
Space Traveler

Postby Bagheera » 09 Jan 2019, 09:38

jetzt stellt sich mir gerade die Frage wo denn nun eigentlich der Entfall des Malus bei Anlieferung ist:

http://prntscr.com/m4smag

Zulieferung mit allgemeinen Transen, exakt so viel Schwefelsäure wie Fluor abgeholt wird - die Beladezeit sollte also 2:33 s sein, wenn denn der Malus nicht berücksichtigt wird bei Anlieferung.

Dazu kommt noch, dass der Gedankengang bei der Geschichte falsch ist. Die Leute die anliefern erfahren sich damit einen Bonus auf die Ladezeit, sind jetzt Abholer da, die nicht anliefern, die senken den Bonus, den sich die Anlieferer erfahren haben. Bestraft werden sie aber erst, wenn sie den AP so weit leer gefahren haben, dass er in den Malus rutscht - das heißt, alle die anliefern werden weiterhin bestraft, denn ihnen wird ja der Bonus genommen, den sie sich erfahren haben. Normalerweise hat ein gut belieferter AP einen Bonus von um die 70 s, fährt auch nur einer ohne Anlieferung größere Mengen, dann sinkt das auf einen Malus von 10 s - den Anlieferern wird so also 70 s genommen und 10 s gegeben, dem Nichtanlieferer jedoch werden lediglich 10 s "Strafe" auferlegt. Das bedarf zu ende gedacht zu werden.

Ich ahne aber leider, das der nächste Schritt sein wird, sich Dauer-Turbo über Trit. wieder kaufen zu können.
da kannst Du fest von ausgehen.
xBSCx
Mars Arrival

Postby xBSCx » 09 Jan 2019, 10:36

du erkennst es nicht im AP, das habe ich auch nicht geschrieben.

http://prntscr.com/m4teib

Hier mal ein Screen, wo ich mit dem gleichen Trapo einmal verkettet und einmal direkt CO2 abhole. Da ist schon ein deutlicher Unterschied in der Beladezeit zu erkennen.
Radical
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Radical » 09 Jan 2019, 10:40

Hallo zusammen,

wir danken euch für die konstruktive Kritik.
Dass Anpassungen an der Monetarisierung des Spiels meist keine schönen Änderungen sind, ist uns natürlich auch klar. Fakt ist jedoch, dass wir Anpassungen machen mussten, weil das Spiel sonst finanziell nicht konkurrenzfähig ist. Was im Umkehrschluss bedeutet, dass wir das Spiel sonst einstellen müssten, da nur ein lukratives Spiel beworben werden kann. Und wir reden hier nicht von hohen Gewinnen. Derzeit trägt das Spiel die Kosten nicht und es geht hier somit um unsere Existenz.

Ich gehe hier jetzt nicht auf jedes einzelne Feature ein, da ihr uns auch glauben müsste, dass wir Änderungen nicht aus Lust und Laune machen, sondern anhand von Kennzahlen.
Der Hauptkritikpunkt hier ist der besagte Turbo-Modus. Wir sprechen gerade mit unserem Publisher und versuchen den ursprünglichen Turbo-Modus wieder einzubauen. Wir arbeiten dies bereits aus und hoffen dazu bald die Freigabe des Publishers zu bekommen. Sobald wir dies durchgesetzt bekommen, geben wir Bescheid.

Ich möchte die Gelegenheit nutzen und auf das generelle Thema Update eingehen.
- Diesen Changelog-Diskussions-Thread hier gibt es bereits seit Jahren. Er wird nur leider selten genutzt.
- Änderungen die wir bereits in unserer Testumgebung umgesetzt haben, und die somit den Weg ins nächste Update schaffen sollen, sind immer im Wiki unter dem Punkt Changelog frühzeitig zu sehen.
- Sobald genügend Änderungen zusammen kommen, werden diese in eine Updateversion gepackt und diese wird dann auf unseren Test-Server geladen. Einige Spieler haben Zugriff auf den Testserver, aber auch das wird leider selten genutzt. Wir müssen hier in Zukunft besser kommunizieren, dass dort getestet werden kann.
- Der Test-Server (https://test.mars-tomorrow.com/html) ist zur Zeit mit der Datenbank von "OLYMPUS MONS" bestückt. Was bedeutet, dass sich Spieler die auf dem Server spielen, mit ihrem Account auch auf dem Testserver einloggen können. (Es sei denn nach Accounterstellung wurde euer Passwort mal geändert)
- Wir werden in Zukunft versuchen große Updates nur auf frischen Spielrunden zu veröffentlichen. Dies ist allerdings nicht immer machbar, weil zum Beispiel Änderungen an unserem Master-Server gemacht werden müssen, die wiederum alle Spielwelten betreffen.

Einige Fragen habt ihr euch hier ja auch schon selbst beantworten können.
Zum Thema Malus auf Anlieferungen, sei gesagt, dass dies nur der erste Schritt einer Anpassung ist. Anliefernde Spieler werden mit kommenden Updates nicht nur nicht bestraft, sondern belohnt werden. Dies ist im Zuge der Planung für Features wie "Kolonie gegen Kolonie Ausschreibungen" eine große Anpassungen und geschieht somit Schritt für Schritt.

Gruß

Rad (& Muh)

*Edith
Freigabe durch Publisher erhalten. 1.26.9 kommt heute noch live.

We thank you for your constructive feedback.
Naturally, it is also clear to us that adjustments to the monetization are usually not nice changes. However, the fact is that we had to make adjustments because otherwise the game would not be financially competitive. Which means that we would have to stop the game otherwise, because only a lucrative game can be advertised. And we are not talking about high profits here. At the moment, the game does not cover the costs, so it's about our existence.

I'm not going to answer every single question here, because you'd also have to believe that we're not making changes as we like, but with metrics.
The main criticism here is the changed turbo mode. We're talking to our publisher now and are trying to reinstall the original Turbo mode. We are already working on this and hope to get the go from the publisher soon. Once we get this, we'll let you know.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the general issue of update.
- This changelog discussion thread exists for years. Unfortunately it is rarely used.
- Changes that we have already implemented in our test environment, and which should get the way to the next update, are always in the Wiki Changelog early to see (German).
- As soon as enough changes come together, they are packed into an update version and this will be loaded onto our test server. Some players have access to the test server, but unfortunately this is rarely used. We need to communicate better here in the future, and announce tests better.
- The Test-Server (https://test.mars-tomorrow.com/html) (https://test.mars-tomorrow.com/html) is currently working with the database of "OLYMPUS MONS". Which means that players playing on this game world can also log on to the test server with their account. (Unless your password was changed after account creation)
- In the future we will try to release big updates only on fresh rounds. However, this is not always possible because, for example changes must be made to our master server, which affects all game worlds.

You have already been able to answer some questions yourself.
Regarding malus on deliveries, this is just the first step of an adjustment. Providing players will not only be punished with upcoming updates, but rewarded. This is a major adaptation in the course of planning for features such as "colony against colony tenders" and thus happens step by step.

Cheers,

Rad (& Muh)

*Edith
We got the go from publisher. 1.26.9 upcoming today!
Szund1
Fugitive

Postby Szund1 » 09 Jan 2019, 14:31

und wann wird die 1.26.9 veröffentlicht, bei mir ist noch immer 1.26.8?
Radical
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Radical » 09 Jan 2019, 15:00

1.26.9 Changelog UPCOMING TOMORROW! / KOMMT MORGEN!

Already on / Bereits auf unserem TEST SERVER

PS.
You can also use the Test Server link to create a new account (with fictive email) to login and start testing as a new player.
________
Ihr könnte den Link zum Test Server auch benutzen, um einen neuen Account anzulegen (mit fiktiver Emailadresse) und so als ganz neuer Spieler auf Test testen.
Bagheera
Space Traveler

Postby Bagheera » 09 Jan 2019, 19:49

xBSCx wrote:du erkennst es nicht im AP, das habe ich auch nicht geschrieben.

http://prntscr.com/m4teib

Hier mal ein Screen, wo ich mit dem gleichen Trapo einmal verkettet und einmal direkt CO2 abhole. Da ist schon ein deutlicher Unterschied in der Beladezeit zu erkennen.

sehr seltsam, bei mir gibt es da keinen Unterschied:

http://prntscr.com/m51ln6
Mabruk
Mars Arrival

Postby Mabruk » 09 Jan 2019, 20:19

Wenn ein Transporter, der anliefert, keinen Malus mehr durch niedrige Lagerstände bekommt (so die wortwörtliche Aussage), heißt das, dass für diesen Transporter der Faktor für Ressourcenverfügbarkeit nicht mitberechnet wird. Nun soll es aber auch Außenposten geben, die einen negativen Malus für Ressourcenverfügbarkeit anbieten - das nennt man auch "gut gefüttert". Meine Frage lautet: Bekommt ein Transporter, der anliefert dann den gleichen negativen Malus (nennt man auch Bonus) wie einer, der nichts anliefert, oder ist der gar weg, weil die Programmzeile schlichtweg lautet: if "anliefern=nein" then "Ressourcenverfügbarkeit berücksichtigen" else "Ressourcenverfügbarkeit nicht berücksichtigen". Dies würde bedeuten, dass ein Transporter, der anliefert, auch keinen Bonus für hohe Lagerstände bekommt.
Um Erklärung wird gebeten.
hoschi2204
Terrestrial

Postby hoschi2204 » 10 Jan 2019, 08:27

Also ich muß mich einem meiner vorredner anschließen! Das automatische abschalten des turbo modus find ich absolut schlecht! Aktive spieler die ihre frachter warten und reparieren und sich damit einen vorteil erspielen weil sie halt einfach nur "on" sind werden für ihre aktive spielweise bestraft. das kann ich einfach nicht verstehen. außerdem sind die ausschreibungen in meinen augen das "salz in der suppe" die das game interessant machen. wenn der turbo da nur 15 minuten aktiviert ist bringt das kaum was. wenn sich dieser eine spieler für seine gilde und sich selbst diesen vorteil des "on" seins beschafft so finde ich dies weder verwerflich noch sonstwas. außerdem hab ich auch noch keinen der weniger aktiven spielern sich über den turbo beschweren hören, denn durch in kann man sich selbst als weniger aktiver user seine spotts suchen und finden! des weiteren sind gewisse einstellungen die man macht ohne turbo kaum einschätzbar ... also mal für mich zumindest nicht!

um darauf zu kommen mit echtgeld spielen ... das einzige was ich mit tritium genommen habe sind plugins und die fleißig fusioniert, das kann jeder andere aber auch ... also wo ist da mein vorteil ? keine roten oder gelbe plugins gekauft ... nur fusionieren ... das klappt wunderbar.

habe mittlerweile festgestellt das gilden-intern und extern schon sehr viele spieler mit dem gedanken spielen aufzuhören wenn der turbo weg bleibt ... so können z.b. plötzliche mismatchs sehr schnell kompensiert werden. wenn ihr uns das nehmt dann gehts hier dauerhaft den bach runter. wenn der erste on kommt morgens und es fehlt irgendwo dann dauerts mehrere stunden bis das lagerproblem bei gewissen aps dann behoben ist. mit turbo kann man da als einzelner schon sehr viel machen ! in diesem sinne hoffe ich das der turbo wieder kommt ... und am besten ohne cooldown. wenn man beim turbo nicht on ist hat man da ja eh keinen vorteil davon ... dann dümpelt alles nach 3 h nur noch rum ...

in diesem sinne ... mein fazit für dieses update so wie es ist : sorry, das war leider nix. turbo muss bleiben, sonst seid ihr sehr viele spieler los!

mfG Hoschi
Radical
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Radical » 10 Jan 2019, 09:23

Mabruk wrote:Wenn ein Transporter, der anliefert, keinen Malus mehr durch niedrige Lagerstände bekommt (so die wortwörtliche Aussage), heißt das, dass für diesen Transporter der Faktor für Ressourcenverfügbarkeit nicht mitberechnet wird. Nun soll es aber auch Außenposten geben, die einen negativen Malus für Ressourcenverfügbarkeit anbieten - das nennt man auch "gut gefüttert". Meine Frage lautet: Bekommt ein Transporter, der anliefert dann den gleichen negativen Malus (nennt man auch Bonus) wie einer, der nichts anliefert, oder ist der gar weg, weil die Programmzeile schlichtweg lautet: if "anliefern=nein" then "Ressourcenverfügbarkeit berücksichtigen" else "Ressourcenverfügbarkeit nicht berücksichtigen". Dies würde bedeuten, dass ein Transporter, der anliefert, auch keinen Bonus für hohe Lagerstände bekommt.
Um Erklärung wird gebeten.

if "anliefern=ja und nicht gut gefüttert" then "Ressourcenverfügbarkeit nicht berücksichtigen" else "Ressourcenverfügbarkeit berücksichtigen"

hoschi2204 wrote:Also ich muß mich einem meiner vorredner anschließen! ...

Siehe meine Antwort 3 Posts zuvor.

Return to “General Discussion”