**[Collection] NEW - General Questions - Allgemeine Fragen

All general discussions for Mars Tomorrow
starquake
Supporter

**[Collection] NEW - General Questions - Allgemeine Fragen

Postby starquake » 19 May 2018, 20:30

There are guides and videos available in the Guides and Tutorials Section. If you have some questions where you did not find the information there then you can ask here.

вопросы приветствуются на любом языке. Fragen willkommen in jeder Sprache. Questions welcome in any language.

https://web.mars-tomorrow.com/download/manual.pdf
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Standard Drones and Transporters

Postby Virtual Star » 20 May 2018, 06:51

I guess I'll start the ball rolling here. Can you ever have more than one STANDARD drone? Is that just the limit for phase 1 or for the entire game? Next question .... Do transporters ever get more than one plug-in slot? If so, when?
starquake
Supporter

Re: NEW - General Questions - Allgemeine Fragen

Postby starquake » 20 May 2018, 07:39

Short answer:

Only 1 standard drone ever, more than 1 transporter plugin, no, only on prototypes.

Long answer:

There is only 1 standard drone you can ever have, it is a strategic element and it is limited to 1 per colonist. The standard drone knocks out 20% of time from an outpost for your own personal deliveries.

So you want to use them on an outpost where you have the most tonnage x time = product.

Example if you have an outpost with the drone and the time is 1:30 = 90 seconds, and you are delivering 1000tons, then the time x tonnage = X
And you have another outpost where the time is 1:00 = 60 seconds, and you are delivering 10,000tons, then the time x tonnage = Y

Y>X

You can see here that even though the highest time is 90 seconds it doesn't have enough tonnage to plant the drone there, your new time would be 90 divided by 0.80 (100% - 20% = 0.80) so 90s/0.80 = 112.5 seconds or 1:52 an increase of time of 22 seconds. Then moving the drone to the other outpost the new time would be 60second x 0.80 = 48 seconds and the product, a decrease in time of 12 seconds, tonnage x time change would be higher here.

One thing to consider when moving a drone is the drone majority bonus, this is a percentage of current total time on the outpost, if you want to see if losing the drone majority is a bad idea then I recommend moving the loading drone 1 step off the current outpost to the next nearest outpost, then when you see the time change and you don't like it then you can move him back quickly. You can't cancel a drone move so if you move him for a half hour trip then you can't send him back until he arrives. One thing to know though is that the standard drone is a quick build, under 30 seconds and only 5,000 Marsdollars, so if you want to move the drone from way North in the Plant to way South and it is a 45 min trip then just destroy the drone and remake him for really low cost. When you remake the drone it will start at your home colony and you just saved 22.5 minutes to move him to the new place. I am constantly destroying standard drones and remaking them. This doesn't work for firefighter drones, they are a 48 hour build.

Every time a new resource appears on the colony if the new outpost is a level 1 outpost then it is a good idea that the whole guild put their standard drone on the new outpost so long as it is their highest tonnage x time product. The level 1 outpost is going to have a lot of congestion and a real high loading time until the congestion make the outpost level. Remember the only way to level an outpost is to throw everything you got at it! Shares do not make an outpost level faster. The outpost will see all the traffic it is getting and will rise to the occasion and tool up, with production upgrade, to meet the new demand. Once the new time on this outpost x tonnage is less than other places in your route them move the drone back.

All wealth is created in salt and water in this game, all transporters should have this as a start, if you don't sit in these outposts and bring salt and water down the circuit chains then you will suffer a time penalty for what you didn't bring. A lot of the game I move the guild claim to water and salt when the new resource is back below this, I also change my salt feeds to water feeds to Elec A knowing I am going to move the guild claim to water. My loader is there a lot too, on water. Guild claim is moved the new resource as it appears too because it will be the lowest level outpost. The guild claim knocks out the 30% time for everybody.

I also don't recommend moving your standard drone to start fires once you are in the stages past phase 1, you should get a firefighter as soon as you can, but not before a standard. Standard drone is needed to finish the tutorial too so it should be first. Standard drone takes to long to move for a fire, the fire can be mostly out by the time he gets there, in later stages, you should of had firefighter by then anyways, you lose on the bonus time while he is moving to fight the fire.

Transporters will only ever have 1 plugin except for Prototypes, there is a new prototype that you can find in containers in each phase, they have 2 slots. You can find the prototypes in lost and found containers. Put your best plugins on the prototypes until the new transporter has more speed x capacity. Don't be in phase 8 with your best plugins on the 1st phase Yeti, delivering only 8 tons at rocket speed, the best plugins should have been on specialty transporters long ago. Also don't buy licenses in the later phases and have Yeti run these routes, slave Yeti to salt, food feeds to nutrient for example, these short trips makes all the rest of transporters faster, it is hard for Yeti to make money back on new later phase resources because by that time she is too slow.

When a new phase starts I open containers until I get the prototype and merge the plugins I get for reds and yellows from the other containers, it is a good start to a new phase because you get lots of research to penetrate a new tree. I recommend going straight to specialty in phase 2, there are feed routes you can do where an outpost has 2 gas inputs but the output is liquid, put gas on feed duty and pull of the output with the liquid, put the liquid on water to Elec A duty in the same route to speed up the gases, here you are creating wealth with the liquid, speeding up the gas so it can feed the liquid output job.
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Re: Drones and Transporters

Postby Virtual Star » 20 May 2018, 08:16

Wow. Did you do the programming for this game or do you have way too much time on your hands? lol Kidding, of course. :D I thought I was the only one who actually did the math to figure out the best strategies for video games. You've taken it to another level altogether though. My current guild is not organized enough to work together as a team. It's pretty much every man for themselves. I posted a question in guild chat 24 hours ago and it still hasn't been answered yet, for example. I already have a firefighting drone, but I don't have a build drone yet. I'm hoping that those who bought build drones in phase 1 will build the outposts for phase 2. I could probably arrange them better than they will though. I was really hoping to get more standard drones. :cry: I'm free-to-play, so I can't open lots of containers to get the really good drones and transporters. I only get one free container per day. I'm doing pretty well so far though. I started the game late (on day 5 of my server) and am already up to 83rd place (8th in my colony) after only 3 days of playing my very first game. I'm good at finding the best routes, even without the Best Route button that players with Settler Accounts have. I'm also a shrewd investor of my Mars Dollars. However, I'll probably never get into the top 20, because the paying members have much better transporters and plug-ins than I do. I'm having lots of fun though. That's what really counts. Anyway, thanks again for answering my questions, Starquake. Hopefully, I'll get to play alongside of you someday.
starquake
Supporter

Re: **[Collection] NEW - General Questions - Allgemeine Fragen

Postby starquake » 20 May 2018, 08:34

I am not affiliated with the game but I did study off by myself on outposts for 10 hours doing 1 way feeds, bring and takes, and 1 way takes. I wrote a whole bunch of numbers down. Best thing I did.

The biggest game secret I have is this... I am the leader of the guild, I spend time with each player teaching them circuits is the best with water and salt as a start, we play as an organized unit, that's the secret. I help the number 2 guild players, I help players in other colonies so they understand the game. I help other guild leaders in colonies with guys in 1 way takes, I help those players. Nobody in my colony is on 1 way take routes, no one! Everybody is in feed circuits routes starting from salt and water, including myself. That is my secret, organizing a guild in these routes.

I also recruit from other colonies and get guys to move to my home colony if a leader in that colony is in 1 way takes. Trick to moving your home colony, transmit to the colony you want to move, make it your new home after you plant a transmitter on it. Start the drone move, start delivering on the new colony even though your habitat drone is in transit! That's it! Don't wait, just start right away, jump in circuits from water or salt. Look for a colony with a good guild leader with guys in circuit routes or teach your own colony about full circuits. Copy and paste the guide section into guild chat or talk in private chat.

Starquake.
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Postby Virtual Star » 20 May 2018, 09:50

Yeah, I'm all about circuit/chain routes too. Most of the guys in my guild are doing one-way routes though, for whatever reason. I take advantage of it sometimes, by feeding the outposts that are being depleted though. I also find the best chain routes that get both revenue and terra-points. That seems to be working out well for me, because I always have the highest hourly revenue in my colony, even though I'm only ranked 8th in the colony and only have green and purple plug-ins, regular transporters and drones and never spend any real money on the game. I just play for 14-16 hours per day, every single day, and change my routes when resource prices change. I also do a lot of delivery jobs, some races and complete as many achievements as possible. I'm up to 81st place on the server now, after playing for only 3 days (out of the 8 1/2 days that this particular game has been going). Not too shabby for being in a selfish, one-way-route guild. lol Our guild is only 4th on the server though, so that's hurting me a bit with the guild bonuses.
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Claiming Outposts

Postby Virtual Star » 20 May 2018, 23:02

Next line of questions ..... When should we claim outposts for our guild? When should we not? Can only Officers claim outposts?
starquake
Supporter

Postby starquake » 21 May 2018, 01:28

Claim an outpost when the total tonnage x time = product is the highest for the entire guild on that outpost, it is usually the newest resource on the colony, when that is less than another outpost then put it back on another you think will have sustained use for a while. Claim an outpost the closest you can in time before the dividend distributes. When you claim a new outpost you resign your claim for the old one that had the guild claim, you immediately lose the loading time bonus there immediately upon resignation.

If the secondary guild has claimed salt, and your highest ship outs are salt, then maybe switch to water feeds with your guild and put it there. the secondary guild's guild claim does not negatively impact your guild's time, so don't take it away from them.

I really think a key strategic component is convincing the secondary guild not to have drone majority on salt or water because it hurt's the whole colony, usually 1st guild is 95% of shipments and secondary is 5%. The problem is in the tutorial the drone is moved to usually salt and water, then the new players join the secondary guild, then those drones never move again. You want drone majority on water and salt for 83 days, if you don't then this is a long time without this advantage, you will see it in 5 less colony levels throughout the duration of the game.

Only the guild leader and the officers can claim an outpost, make sure you have more transporters shipping at that outpost, whether the claim is successful depends on the most transporters on an outpost by the next dividend tick.

Watch the time on an outpost over 10 minutes, the congestion wavers throughout sometimes more than 2 ticks since some of the circuit routes can be longer than 5 minutes in cycle time.
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Postby Virtual Star » 21 May 2018, 03:00

That sounds pretty complicated. I'll just let whoever is doing it now continue to do it.
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Postby Virtual Star » 09 Jun 2018, 04:24

Ok, after claiming an outpost myself, here's the short answer .... Claim an outpost that your guild uses the most, especially if it's congested. It's the equivalent of having an extra drone there, that benefits the entire guild.

Return to “General Discussion”