[Collection] Small suggestions/feedback

Here you can post all kind of Feedback
Alpha Survivor
Terrestrial

Re: [Collection] Small suggestions/feedback

Postby Alpha Survivor » 06 May 2018, 22:47

Hello,

This is my first post, but I would like to start by saying that I greatly enjoy this game and have spent a good deal of time and some money in playing it.

I want to reiterate the suggestion from another that there could be a guild officer role that is capable of changing transport routes for other members of the guild. I believe this permission could be clicked on or off by each member, but could be very beneficial. I have commonly found that some people are just incapable of making good routes. They need help and possibly the best way to show them would be to make the route for them. (i.e. in the instance of making good chains from source outposts instead of only moving one good with each transport.) This could also be advantageous when critical resources change with a colonly level up and can maximize the drive for a first place colony.

Furthermore, there should be a terrapoint incentive for supplying outposts. Currently a, hungry for rank, individual could strip the critical resource outpost and take all of the terrapoint glory while relying on the hard work of everyone else to supply the needed resources to that outpost to make decent load times. This could be accomplished with a formula that looked at the entire supply chain for a critical resource that was delivered.This way, the guy that takes only from final outpost only gets a percentage of the credit for this. After all, the people who are supplying these outposts are also terraforming Mars.

I would do away with/completely overhaul the hot route finder. It is very misleading and does not accurately represent the best way to make money in this game. The only real thing it does is break good supply chains and slow down the development of a colony. I have found many people that just use this and never understand that they are A) making less money over the long term and B) destroying good supply chains.

Thanks for the game.
starquake
Supporter

Postby starquake » 07 May 2018, 17:22

Hi,

There are guides on the forums that show what a good chain route will look like, go to Guides and Tutorials section and share this with your guild.
There is also a Youtube on how to make a chain in the guides section.

I totally agree with you that the "Best route" button only serves to keep people thinking in single resource mode and not chains. It is misleading as you said too because if the "best route" is on an outpost nobody uses then the revenue dies out fast, it is a flash out route. The "best route" button keeps everybody in single route mindset and actually works against the enjoyment in the game for everybody who is trying to convince people to get into chains. The feature creates and rewards bad behavior, maybe it can be re-worked into something that aids in the understanding of chains.

The "best route" button should be used to see if you can incorporate the best route into a chain AND still deliver a resource to the colony, this will help you understand what is needed most and paying the most, possibly getting you out of feeding a 95% full resource to the colony.
Fugitive

Postby 0001 » 11 May 2018, 07:15

Many server, whith no active players. Maybe You should start new one, whith different rules, like a championship server, where all players start whith secondary regestration - only veterans, maybe start at team , whith no posibility to change that and something like that.
Or another type of championship.
Alpha Survivor
Terrestrial

Postby Alpha Survivor » 16 May 2018, 00:36

Alpha Survivor wrote:Hello,

This is my first post, but I would like to start by saying that I greatly enjoy this game and have spent a good deal of time and some money in playing it.

I want to reiterate the suggestion from another that there could be a guild officer role that is capable of changing transport routes for other members of the guild. I believe this permission could be clicked on or off by each member, but could be very beneficial. I have commonly found that some people are just incapable of making good routes. They need help and possibly the best way to show them would be to make the route for them. (i.e. in the instance of making good chains from source outposts instead of only moving one good with each transport.) This could also be advantageous when critical resources change with a colonly level up and can maximize the drive for a first place colony.

Furthermore, there should be a terrapoint incentive for supplying outposts. Currently a, hungry for rank, individual could strip the critical resource outpost and take all of the terrapoint glory while relying on the hard work of everyone else to supply the needed resources to that outpost to make decent load times. This could be accomplished with a formula that looked at the entire supply chain for a critical resource that was delivered.This way, the guy that takes only from final outpost only gets a percentage of the credit for this. After all, the people who are supplying these outposts are also terraforming Mars.

I would do away with/completely overhaul the hot route finder. It is very misleading and does not accurately represent the best way to make money in this game. The only real thing it does is break good supply chains and slow down the development of a colony. I have found many people that just use this and never understand that they are A) making less money over the long term and B) destroying good supply chains.

Thanks for the game.

Additionally, you could give drastically reduced load times to those who are supplying outposts. This is probably the easiest solution and matches up with reality as people who are trading in real life would get increased incentives.

Respectfully,
Alpha
starquake
Supporter

Postby starquake » 19 May 2018, 21:50

Please post new suggestions and feedback in the NEW suggestions and feedback thread.

This thread is out of date.

Return to “Feedback”