[Collection] Small suggestions/feedback

Here you can post all kind of Feedback
Wolfsblvt
Gamefabrik Team

[Collection] Small suggestions/feedback

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 16:05

If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can alway create an own thread for it.
This is better for visibility, so we surely see it and can reply.

But if you have just small things, you can use this thread to post it without much work.
Backend Developer

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
- Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish
Anur
Fugitive

Re: [Collection] Small suggestions/feedback

Postby Anur » 27 Aug 2015, 16:08

1) A button that may get us back to our colony on the map would be great.
2)The loading at the beginning of each connection is taking quite long,any fix for it in the future?
Hyde
Terrestrial

Postby Hyde » 27 Aug 2015, 23:09

Anur wrote:1) A button that may get us back to our colony on the map would be great.

In the bottom-left corner, under +/- buttons, there is a "restore zoom" or something like that. According to my tests, it will get you back to your colony.

Suggestion:
It would be nice to be able to reset password. :oops:
Wolfsblvt
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 23:13

Hyde wrote:Suggestion:
It would be nice to be able to reset password. :oops:

Why? Did you forgot your password? :-/ At the moment there is no such function. But we will add it of course.
Backend Developer

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
Hyde
Terrestrial

Postby Hyde » 27 Aug 2015, 23:30

That or a miss-type like extra character, uppercase or space. I can just start from scratch, poor transporters, doomed in the loop of oxygen delivery.
Wolfsblvt
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 23:41

Hyde wrote:I wrote it down, it doesn't work tho, but it may be a miss-type like extra character, uppercase or space. I can just start from scratch, poor transporters, doomed in the loop of oxygen delivery.

Until their condition hits 0% and they will never run again....
Make sure to note the correct password now :D
Backend Developer

Endlave
Fugitive

Postby Endlave » 01 Sep 2015, 18:28

so, Endlave here. Thanks again for having me. *bows in gratitude*

I learned today that you only need to fulfill 50% of the demand of a colony to make it grow. My suggestion, thus, is to change to color of the demand bars below a resource from yellow to green once it hits 50% or more. That would help visualize that a goal has been reached.
mkahler
Mars Worker

Re: [Collection] Forum Feedback

Postby mkahler » 03 Sep 2015, 19:06

Feedback for build #15:

* Repair price of 4000$ is to high for level 2 bugs. If you support the colony you earn nothing to invest further. Try to half it to 2000$.

* Oupost consume is still to high, but only a bit. Try to reduce it by 10%.

* Add different icons for the different levels of the outpost to show a growing. Do the same for the colony. We want to see growth.

* Add color lines to visualize the way the bug is driving, when you click on it.

* Add a disconnection warning. I sometimes disconnect from the server/internet but the game is running on and sometime talking still commands. Strange, isnt it?

* Let me switch between the bugs when i am in the route planner.

* Add a switch, to allow corp members to manage my routes. May be add a special corp officer role.

* Some outpost are still ruined. Some of them with resource sign, some without (only by clicking on it). And it still not possible to invest in them without error message. Therefore it is not possible to develop new trade routes in this trading game. Only job is to push the colony...

* Add delivery contract center in the colony with optional delivery on time contracts to certain outpost. Level of this quests and bonus you get is orientaed on the terra points you have or on the level of the colony. which would be a goal for all single players to level the colony as well.
mkahler
Mars Worker

Postby mkahler » 03 Sep 2015, 19:19

Jetzt mal auf Deutsch. Ihr seid ja ein deutsches Unternehmen :D

Wenn ich in der Corp jemanden befördere/degradiere sind anschließend die Terra Punkte aus der Anzeige verschwunden.

Vergebt mehr Ränge. Zum Beispiel automatisch, je nachdem wie oft jemand gespendet hat.

Später könnt ihr dann Posten einführen, wie den Corp Routenplaner...

Die spezialisierten Bugs fahren mit Fremdladung langsamer, aber auf der ganzen Route. Bitte ändert das dahingehend, das sie nur auf der Route langsamer fahren auf der sie auch das fremde Gut transportieren. Dann lassen sich wieder längere Transportketten bilden, nur halt mal mit einem langsamen Streckenabschnitt. So wie es jetzt ist, kann man nur von A nach B fahren,

Und dritte Ergänzung :idea:

Gescnwindigkeit vs. Zuladung ist nicht ausbalanciert. Der Geschwindigkeitsbonus gewinnt immer gegenüber zusätzlicher Fracht auch bei Fracht+2. Entweder ihr macht die Forschungskosten höher für die Geschwindigkeit, erhöht den Frachtbonus um weitere Kontainer (die Kosten verursachen) oder ihr ändert die absoluten kmh Boni auf relative in % und senkt diese ab.
Wolfsblvt
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Wolfsblvt » 04 Sep 2015, 11:41

Ich antworte jetzt einfach mal auf jeden Punkt einzeln, ich denke das ist am einfachsten.
Danke auf jeden Fall schonmal für dein ausführliches Feedback (:

mkahler wrote:* Repair price of 4000$ is to high for level 2 bugs. If you support the colony you earn nothing to invest further. Try to half it to 2000$.

The repair costs are always relative to the buy cost. So it is the same percentage than for the buggy. Where do you get the 4.000$ from? Is that for the specialized transporters? They should be expensive. But if upgraded a bit, you will earn LOT of money with it.

mkahler wrote:* Oupost consume is still to high, but only a bit. Try to reduce it by 10%.

What you mean by "consume still too high"? We increased the comsumption actually in that patch, so that outposts will actually not have 100% storage all the time.

mkahler wrote:* Add different icons for the different levels of the outpost to show a growing. Do the same for the colony. We want to see growth.

You mean the icon of the goods on top of it, or the actual outpost building? Second one: Maybe we will do that. But it will take a lot of work. So it's a future thing.

mkahler wrote:* Add color lines to visualize the way the bug is driving, when you click on it.

That's actually a great idea. I totally want that.

mkahler wrote:* Add a disconnection warning. I sometimes disconnect from the server/internet but the game is running on and sometime talking still commands. Strange, isnt it?

Is planned, yep.

mkahler wrote:* Let me switch between the bugs when i am in the route planner.

Yep, useful.

mkahler wrote:* Add a switch, to allow corp members to manage my routes. May be add a special corp officer role.

I don't think that we will get that far. That would mean you haven't actually have to play on your own. And it can lead to problems with guild members screwing up your plan.

mkahler wrote:* Some outpost are still ruined. Some of them with resource sign, some without (only by clicking on it). And it still not possible to invest in them without error message. Therefore it is not possible to develop new trade routes in this trading game. Only job is to push the colony...

Outposts not available in the current phase are not displayed, yep. You will be able to put senders on them though, so you can actually make the long routes.
New jobs besides pushing the colony will come.

mkahler wrote:* Add delivery contract center in the colony with optional delivery on time contracts to certain outpost. Level of this quests and bonus you get is orientaed on the terra points you have or on the level of the colony. which would be a goal for all single players to level the colony as well.

Contracts/quests are a good idea (: We were thinking about that before, and that could actually be one part of the things you can do besides just supplying the colony.
Backend Developer

Wolfsblvt
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Wolfsblvt » 04 Sep 2015, 11:44

mkahler wrote:Wenn ich in der Corp jemanden befördere/degradiere sind anschließend die Terra Punkte aus der Anzeige verschwunden.

Welche Terrapunkte? Hast du einen Screenshot?

mkahler wrote:Vergebt mehr Ränge. Zum Beispiel automatisch, je nachdem wie oft jemand gespendet hat.

Aktuell haben wir die drei Standard-Ränge in einer Gilde. Ich weiß nicht, ob es geplant ist, mehr einzuführen.

mkahler wrote:Später könnt ihr dann Posten einführen, wie den Corp Routenplaner...

Das kannst du ja persönlich in deiner Gilde abklären und später dann in die Notizen schreiben (:

mkahler wrote:Die spezialisierten Bugs fahren mit Fremdladung langsamer, aber auf der ganzen Route. Bitte ändert das dahingehend, das sie nur auf der Route langsamer fahren auf der sie auch das fremde Gut transportieren. Dann lassen sich wieder längere Transportketten bilden, nur halt mal mit einem langsamen Streckenabschnitt. So wie es jetzt ist, kann man nur von A nach B fahren,

Nee, das ist so geplant und soll auch so bleiben. Das Problem sind nämlich nicht die Ressourcen, sondern die Container, weswegen die langsamer fahren, und die sind ja auf der ganzen Route mit dabei (:
Es wird schon genug Routen geben, wo man durchgehend nur die spezialisierten Rohstoffe transportiert. Genau darauf ist das System der produzierten Ressourcen nämlich auch ausgelegt und designed worden.
Einen Nachteil müssen diese Fahrzeuge ja auch haben, oder?

mkahler wrote:Gescnwindigkeit vs. Zuladung ist nicht ausbalanciert. Der Geschwindigkeitsbonus gewinnt immer gegenüber zusätzlicher Fracht auch bei Fracht+2. Entweder ihr macht die Forschungskosten höher für die Geschwindigkeit, erhöht den Frachtbonus um weitere Kontainer (die Kosten verursachen) oder ihr ändert die absoluten kmh Boni auf relative in % und senkt diese ab.

Findest du wirklich?
Meiner Erfahrung nach ist ein Kapazitäts-Plugin oder -Upgrade immer besser als Geschwindigkeit. Und auch immer vorzuziehen.
So unterscheiden sich schon die Meinungen, und das ist doch gut :D
Backend Developer

DasGewehr
Terrestrial

Postby DasGewehr » 14 Sep 2015, 22:58

To me the price of goods are quite misleading - on first sight it seems to be a major criteria for revenue. Looking at how much I make from different routes it turns out that price of products is quite unimportant for revenue. Typically routes where I pick up stuff at A, bring it to B, pick up something at B and bring it to A make half or a third of the money I get if I just deliver from A to B and return empty handed. This feels counter-intuitive.

I have not analysed this in depth, as most numbers are intransparent (including the times it takes to transport goods), but in my intuition the problem are the times it takes to pick up stuff. They are very high, and I can not really do anything against it, as the Martians already have 10 guild members, and own most interesting buildings, and my investments don't seem to stick. I think the winner takes all rule for pick up times combined with the limited guild size is not very good, or the pick up times are not balanced in relation to the product prices.

Furthermore the arbitrary sums needed for investment don't make sense. I want to invest to get 50%, but I can only invest an arbitrary number, that is not related to my goal, which makes no sense to me as a player, and seems to come from an internal design issue that in my opinion should be solved on a system level instead of solving it on the interaction level.

If you want to stick to the prices and the pick up times, then when setting up routes in the transporter inspection view you should estimate a revenue for each product based on the current pick up time, travel time, and price, which i guess is a simple multiplication. There should be a way to understand which choices are actually interesting, and which are just choices due to a lack of understanding, other than letting the game run for hours.
Enthusiast for mars (and moon) colonialization, and developer of character behavior tools for games (http://www.fantasieleben.com). Twitter: https://twitter.com/OhHelloTilman.
Wolfsblvt
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Wolfsblvt » 14 Sep 2015, 23:02

The problem with guilds and investments at the moment is more that we don't have that much players. At the moment, we have one ruling guild at each colony. In real game, it should be more like at least 4 active and high guilds. In that case investements would matter more and chances would be more equal.

For estimation of a route: It is in fact planned, but requires a bunch of work. Wer are on it, and you will have the abilitiy to see how much a route will give you at the current state of the game (:
Backend Developer

DasGewehr
Terrestrial

Postby DasGewehr » 15 Sep 2015, 02:08

Ok cool, I think the information how much a route nets you at the current state of the game is very helpful, and will make it easier to focus on the good parts of the game.
Enthusiast for mars (and moon) colonialization, and developer of character behavior tools for games (http://www.fantasieleben.com). Twitter: https://twitter.com/OhHelloTilman.
Bachus
Terrestrial

Postby Bachus » 15 Sep 2015, 15:15

It would be nice to see the total repair cost on the "repair all" button. also i have no idea what the up/down arrow button does -> Tooltips

Return to “Feedback”