Newb Mistake

All general discussions for Mars Tomorrow
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Newb Mistake

Postby Virtual Star » 23 May 2018, 01:48

I just made my first major mistake since I've been playing Mars Tomorrow. A new outpost opened up near my colony today (ammonia) and the Chemical Factory right next to it paid $400 per load for it, to start out. So, I went ahead and made all of the network connections, bought shares in the outpost, sent my drone there, bought a gazzillion licenses and put all of my transporters on it, thinking I would make a small fortune. Well, it finished building at around 6pm, which is when pretty much everybody is online, so everyone in the colony did the same thing that I did. The congestion got up to over 8 minutes at one time and the ammonia price dropped from $400 down to about $60 in a matter of minutes. Needless to say, my investment is gone. :roll: I won't make that mistake again.
starquake
Supporter

Re: Newb Mistake

Postby starquake » 23 May 2018, 02:47

It's not a mistake, the ammonia licenses will pay over time, congestion one of the best things in the game, it makes outpost grow and become faster. As the outpost levels just buy shares and speed up, those licenses will pay back. It's a newb mistake to think it is a mistake. :)
Virtual Star
Space Traveler

Re: Newb Mistake

Postby Virtual Star » 23 May 2018, 03:20

Yeah, it might pay off over the next month or two. However, to lose that much capital so early in the game means that several other, more lucrative investments won't be made. I could have doubled that money 3 or 4 times by the time that those ammonia licenses pay off. Time is money. Not knowing this basic principle of investing is also a newb mistake. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”