[Collection] General questions

All general discussions for Mars Tomorrow
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

[Collection] General questions

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 01:10

Do you have a problem with something in the game? Don't you know what do to next?
Some question? Any question?

Here you can ask any question you have related to the game, if you don't want to create an own topic for it.
Backend Developer

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
- Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish
Anur
Fugitive

Re: [Collection] General questions

Postby Anur » 27 Aug 2015, 16:03

I have built up everything at level 2.Now i don't know what's next as the guide seems to let me do what i want at this point,and i can't see how to increase my resources.Any help?
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 16:11

Anur wrote:I have built up everything at level 2.Now i don't know what's next as the guide seems to let me do what i want at this point,and i can't see how to increase my resources.Any help?

The guide is more like help when there is something you can do. It is not telling you every step. This is a bit complicated for new players at the moment, yes. So we are very happy to get feedback about this, what players understand and what they think they should do/have to do.

Your main goal should be to get terrapoints. To get better, you should earn money, so that you can level up your Hangar, buy new transporters and transport more goods for money or terrapoints.
So the first big thing you should do is getting more transporters. That helps you a lot, cause you can split up what you want to transport, and you can transport much more.
If you have your Hanger at level 2, that means you have 3 transporters. Do you have them already?

If you want to level up your colony, so you get more terrapoints there and it will grow and stuff, you should transport the requested goods to the colony. If several players do that, the storages will fill up, and then new citizens will come to settle there. When enough citizens are there, the colony will grow and require new goods (:
Backend Developer

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
Anur
Fugitive

Postby Anur » 27 Aug 2015, 16:15

No just got 1 Buggy transporter doing it's work atm at hangar level 2,if you mean about the vehicles as transporters.
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 16:22

Anur wrote:No just got 1 Buggy transporter doing it's work atm at hangar level 2,if you mean about the vehicles as transporters.

Yes, I do. Then your next goal should be to buy a second Buggy. You can do that by accessing the colony menu and click on "Buy vehicle", or directly through your Research Center, wich you can access by clecking on your research point in the bar on top of the screen, or at the Research Institute in your Habitat.

If you don't have enough money to buy one, you have to try to transport the goods with highest money reward around you, and collect the production of your power station, until you have enough.
Backend Developer

Anur
Fugitive

Postby Anur » 27 Aug 2015, 16:26

Thanks for the power station tip!
How to i invite players to join a guild?

Edit:Is it possible to conquer other settlements?
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 16:34

Anur wrote:Thanks for the power station tip!
How to i invite players to join a guild?

Edit:Is it possible to conquer other settlements?

You can also change the interval in wich the power station returns you the money. Default is one hour. You can change it to 5 minutes, wich gives you a bonus of 40% if you collect it immediatly ever five minutes, or 10 hours, wich is quite cool for sleeping over night :P

You have to open their profile. For example through the leaderboard, or by looking who transports goods to your colony.

To the second question: No. Or better - not in the way you mean it, I think.
This is a peaceful simulation, but there can be rivalizing guilds, fighting for supremacy in one colony. It is for example possible to connect you to another colony, and transport more goods than the locals there, wich means you get most of the points. Or bigger fights can come with getting the majority on an outpost. Consider a colony needs water, and you just take 90% of the majority on the waterworks. That means all players there have to wait loong times :P
Backend Developer

Anur
Fugitive

Postby Anur » 27 Aug 2015, 16:51

Allright,and how do i earn the supremacy over an outpost?
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 27 Aug 2015, 16:58

Anur wrote:Allright,and how do i earn the supremacy over an outpost?

You have to buy shares and get the majority.

Backend Developer

KittyDivine
Fugitive

Postby KittyDivine » 30 Aug 2015, 20:01

How do I get in? I was given a Beta key by someone and a link http://play.mars-tomorrow.com/ but there is no option to login, or register, or enter a beta key, in fact there is nothing clickable at all on the page. I have tried in both my browsers and here is what I get:

Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 30 Aug 2015, 20:36

That's strange. This is the first startup screen. Then the login screen should appear.
I don't see even a brower border. Did you cut it off? :D

Can you try to to reinstall flash maybe? https://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/ And clear the browser cache in that process.
Backend Developer

KittyDivine
Fugitive

Postby KittyDivine » 30 Aug 2015, 21:07

Wolfsblvt wrote:That's strange. This is the first startup screen. Then the login screen should appear.
I don't see even a brower border. Did you cut it off? :D

Can you try to to reinstall flash maybe? https://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/ And clear the browser cache in that process.

Yes I cut the top border off, didn't wanna broadcast my bookmarks and open tabs, I'm private like that :P That is Google Chrome (in the screenshot) it automatically updates flash whenever there is a new version. I followed the link and installed that version and tried opening in Opera, I got the same problem. I refuse to use IE or Firefox.
KittyDivine
Fugitive

Postby KittyDivine » 30 Aug 2015, 21:14

I've cleared cache several times and I've even enabled popups nothing changes
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 30 Aug 2015, 21:24

Can you give us a bit more information about your system?
Operating system, wich graphics card?
Backend Developer

KittyDivine
Fugitive

Postby KittyDivine » 31 Aug 2015, 00:41

Windows Vista, onboard graphics (intel s3)

Return to “General Discussion”