Let's collect Beginner Questions for a FAQ

A forum section for all guides and tutorials, tips and tricks.
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Let's collect Beginner Questions for a FAQ

Postby Wolfsblvt » 28 Aug 2015, 22:19

Heya guys.

I have seen a lot of player asking similar questions in the ingame chat.
And yes, we know, not everything is well explained in the game.

This thread should be for collection questions. Even if you are already a bit into the game, you will surely remember what questions you had at the beginning.
Post as many questions as you can think of. I will collect all here, and see if I can set up a good FAQ here.
And yes, I need your help. So try to not just read, write a small post. That would be cool (:
Backend Developer

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
- Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish
mkahler
Mars Worker

Re: Let's collect Beginner Questions for a FAQ

Postby mkahler » 01 Sep 2015, 15:33

Hi!

I am missing a tutorial or better hints what to do first and mainly what not to do first :-)

For me it looks like, when you pay for upgrading buildings and else but not buy a car/vehihcle first you are sitting for hours in front of the screen not able to do anything.
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 01 Sep 2015, 15:38

mkahler wrote:I am missing a tutorial or better hints what to do first and mainly what not to do first :-)

For me it looks like, when you pay for upgrading buildings and else but not buy a car/vehihcle first you are sitting for hours in front of the screen not able to do anything.

T.E.D. should help you out a lot with what to do first (:
Have you followed his steps?

And yes, that's a problem at the moment, that if you don't buy your first vehicle, you will have to wait for a looong time. We are working on some solutions for that. I think the first help for that will be a T.E.D. tutorial suggesting you to buy a Buggy.
Backend Developer

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
morganismad1
Terrestrial

Postby morganismad1 » 20 Nov 2015, 18:53

Hey, i have enjoyed this game starting off but there is a bit of sitting around to do to begin with. However i have met a guild which have taken me in but are based at a different colony. is there some way to switch colonies after you have settled?
Muh
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Muh » 21 Nov 2015, 10:30

You may just install senders to connect the other colony and play there with your guild mates. But this is quite expensive at the start, a guild in your starting colony would be more easy
Mars Tomorrow FE
Asquall
Terrestrial

Postby Asquall » 26 Nov 2015, 04:10

Hi, a new player here. For starter, you devs doing a good job on the screenshots at facebook game page!! :)

Just started +/- half an hour ago, and right now I'm sitting here watching the robot telling me one or more of my vehicles are underloaded. Any idea what that means??? Oh, and he told me to check (cheqk <- typo) for yellow exclamation mark, which does nothing when I clicked it :)
Xion
Space Traveler

Postby Xion » 26 Nov 2015, 20:08

Asquall wrote:Hi, a new player here. For starter, you devs doing a good job on the screenshots at facebook game page!! :)

Just started +/- half an hour ago, and right now I'm sitting here watching the robot telling me one or more of my vehicles are underloaded. Any idea what that means??? Oh, and he told me to check (cheqk <- typo) for yellow exclamation mark, which does nothing when I clicked it :)

You have to buy new/more Licenses.
Last edited by Xion on 26 Nov 2015, 22:06, edited 2 times in total.
Bei der Fussball-WM habe ich mir Österreich gegen Kamerun angeschaut. Auf der einen Seite Exoten, fremde Kultur, wilde Riten - und auf der anderen Seite Kamerun!
Dieter Nuhr
Wolfsblvt
Mars Fabric Head

Postby Wolfsblvt » 26 Nov 2015, 20:43

Asquall wrote:Just started +/- half an hour ago, and right now I'm sitting here watching the robot telling me one or more of my vehicles are underloaded. Any idea what that means??? Oh, and he told me to check (cheqk <- typo) for yellow exclamation mark, which does nothing when I clicked it :)

It means that you have upgraded the capacity of your vehicle (either by a tech upgrade or with a plugin) and need to re-schedule the route to apply the new containers.
Just open the schedule, buy the containers if some are missing, and send it again.
Backend Developer

draco
Terrestrial

Postby draco » 05 Jan 2016, 10:50

Hi guys
pretty new here (approx 5 days)

i have been building my self up (currently 7 vehicles, researching, buildings ETC)
im about to experience my first "phase change", and i notice there are different things hinted toward this (like vehicles and research differences)

so my questions are
when the phase changes, what do i lose and what do i keep?
do i need to sell or stockpile anything?
does research carry over or is it started all over again?
GameOn!
Mars Worker

Postby GameOn! » 05 Jan 2016, 11:18

You keep everything you have right now. You can still use your "old" vehicles, but there will be a new tech tree for better vehicles. You should stockpile some techpoints and credits so you can instantly tech the new vehicles and replace your old ones to the new ones. The hangar will also get a new max level, but it seems to me you haven`t upgraded your hangar to the old max level (10) yet.
draco
Terrestrial

Postby draco » 05 Jan 2016, 12:16

thank you
thats good information that will help out alot
Halberdier
Space Traveler

Postby Halberdier » 17 Nov 2016, 16:24

The cost of good Equipment.
I do find it annoying each phase is so short, my next phase is 7 and the best I can get is a gold star on 2 vehicle groups (fully tooled up!) so at each phase you should choose to research the two remain vehicles.
I don't , I stay with (Toad) General and (Newt)Gas so far and pickup bits further down the Phase tree (global price %)
I will increase my Research Institute to Level 25 today, every upgrade only give an extra 0.7 points an hour and the points costs per vehicle increase 25% per phase. < - - - - > Ich finde es ärgerlich jede Phase ist so kurz, meine nächste Phase ist 7 und das beste, was ich bekommen kann, ist ein Goldstern auf 2 Fahrzeuggruppen (voll aufgerollt!), So dass in jeder Phase sollten Sie sich für die Forschung der beiden Fahrzeuge zu bleiben.
Ich glaube nicht, ich bleibe bei (Toad) General und (Newt) Gas so weit und Pickup Bits weiter unten der Phase Tree (globaler Preis%)
Ich werde mein Forschungsinstitut auf Stufe 25 heute erhöhen, jedes Upgrade nur eine zusätzliche 0,7 Punkte pro Stunde und die Punkte Kosten pro Fahrzeug erhöhen 25% pro Phase.
Radical
Gamefabrik Team

Postby Radical » 17 Nov 2016, 16:47

I am a big fan of your google translations.
And so I will answer you using google translation, too.

Also es ist so, dass die Forschungspunkte ein taktisches Element sind und man sich entscheiden muss, ob man viele Forschungspunke generieren will um bis zu zwei Fahrzeugtypen pro Phase voll erforschen zu können, oder ob man sich auf andere Gebäude fokussiert und so nur einen Transporter voll erforscht...
Ich persönlich nehme zum Beispiel immer den Allrounder in Phase 1 bis er voll erforscht ist und fokussiere mich dann ab Phase 2 auf einen der neuen Spezialtransporter. ich transportiere dann bis zum Ende des Spiels immer den gleichen Ressourcentyp, zum Beispiel Flüssigkeiten.
Und jetzt zeig mal was du kannst, GOOGLE! :D
So it is so that the research points are a tactical element and you have to decide whether you want to generate many research points to fully explore up to two vehicle types per phase, or whether you focus on other buildings and so only one transporter full Explored...
For example, I personally always take the all-rounder in phase 1 until it is fully explored and then focus on phase 2 on one of the new special transporters. I then carry the same resource type, for example liquids, until the end of the game.
And now show what you can, GOOGLE! : D
Halberdier
Space Traveler

Postby Halberdier » 18 Nov 2016, 15:50

Pardon while I waggle my hand .... :- ) <<<<<(prefer this than those god awful icons on the right, too chirpy by half)
Halberdier
Space Traveler

Postby Halberdier » 18 Nov 2016, 15:54

IMHO - Logistics Companies all tooled-up with computer interfaced GPS (live time tracking) would never travel far with an empty vehicle (admittedly easier in G.B.) with short term traffic management.
This is where my "Toad" picks up on a short 3 - 6 pick-up round robin journey, It much more fun adjusting/trying different points/materials for max monetary return and the opposition finds it difficult to follow and poach your traffic.
It does require an hourly systems check up, a single use journey is so boring and predictable. < - - - > IMHO - Logistikunternehmen, die alle mit einem computergesteuerten GPS (Live-Time-Tracking) ausgestattet sind, würden mit einem leeren (mit G.B.
Dies ist, wo meine "Toad" nimmt auf einem kurzen 3 - 6 Pick-up Round Robin Reise, Es viel mehr Spaß anpassen / versuchen verschiedene Punkte / Materialien für max monetären Rückkehr und die Opposition findet es schwierig zu folgen und poach Ihr Verkehr.
Es erfordert eine stündliche Systeme überprüfen, ist eine Single-Use-Reise so langweilig und vorhersehbar.

Return to “Guides & Tutorials”